The Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies offers grants to undergraduate and graduate student organizations for projects involving Japan. These grants are offered on an ongoing basis; however, organizations are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as funds are limited. Applications must be submitted at least one month in advance of the event or project start date.
Harvard undergraduate student groups should apply using the Reischauer Institute Organization Form (please see below for full instructions and application). A student organization grant application would need to encompass the following items to be funded (fully or partially) by the Reischauer Institute:
- A significant Japan component
- Participation of core Japan faculty is strongly preferred.
- The activity must work to fulfill the Reischauer Institute mission of academic and scholarly support and development of Japanese Studies at Harvard, and not for cultural activities.
- Ordinarily, awards do not exceed $1000.
- Recipients are required to submit a written (1-2 page) report within two weeks of the event's end date. The report should detail the use of the grant and the work accomplished, including the number of attendees and any publicity or materials created for the activity.
For undergraduate student organization grant questions, please contact Jenni Ting, email@example.com.